Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dr. Julia : Cell Phones

I am currently listening to my mother-in-law giving a half-assed speech on why Travis and I should get a cell phone.

Most of it is common knowledge: Don't get an expensive phone, don't get texting, etc.

She will not SHUT UP.

It started off like this:

Julia : When does Travis get off work today?
Me : He gets off at 4 o'clock.
Julia : Where is he working at?
Me : I don't know.
Julia : I mean... Is he working at CVS or Day Break?
Me : [pause] I don't know.
Julia : [pause] Jesus, you should know where he's working at. You're his wife. [pause] Need to get a cell phone.

Let's see all the reasons we can't afford a phone (unless it's a Tracfone or something similar):

A) We don't make much money. At all.
B) We owe my cheap ass father-in-law nearly $1,000.
C) We are trying to save up money to move out ASAP.
and D) We don't make much money. At all. Seriously. We're poor.

And yet here she is, babbling on and on about why we "need a cell phone", etc.

I haven't had a cell phone in years and we don't particularly need one. People got along just fine before cell phones were invented!

No comments:

Post a Comment