Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dr. Julia : China

My father-in-law, Howard, occasionally gets to travel for his job. Last year or so, he and Julia went to Las Vegas.

Yesterday, she was telling me: "Yeah, Howard wanted to know if I wanted to go to Las Vegas. [laughs] I told him 'no'! I mean, I've already been to Las Vegas! [laughs]"

I'm thinking: Jesus, it's a free vacation! You stay inside your house 330 days out of the year and you don't want to go to Las-freaking-Vegas?!

Julia continues: "I want to go someplace I haven't been! Howard said we could go to China! [laughs as if that were a ridiculous idea] Can you believe him? China! I said 'Yeah right, Howard!' I don't want to go to China. You know, they think they're so smarter than we are. Their kids go to school year round - I think that's awful. Kids need a break, you know? Don't need to work all the time."

Then she says something that almost makes me burst into laughter: "Plus, I don't like the way that they talk. [shudders]"

My mother-in-law is so racist. She doesn't like blacks, Hispanics (she calls them all "Mexicans"), Chinese, Japanese, etc. Pretty much everyone who isn't white. Oh, but she also doesn't like "trailer trash" so even some white people are out because they "act black". It's so stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment