Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dr. Julia : On Weight & Dwarfism

My mother-in-law is neither the fattest nor the thinnest woman that I know - she's pleasantly plump, but I wouldn't call her "fat". (Unless I was trying to insult the fat old bitch.) But for someone so obsessed with everyone else's weight, she is hardly concerned with her own. She always makes comments about me, my husband, and my brother-in-law and his wife.

Ever since my husband got his job - as a WalMart cashier - she keeps saying, "Oh, he'll start losing weight." Every day, she says these things. "Travis gained all that weight from being unemployed, this job'll take some weight off."

All the time. ALL. THE. TIME.

"You know he has stretch marks?"

She won't shut up! And since when does a job as a cashier help you lose weight? All he does is stand in one spot and ring up groceries. Occasionally, he'll push carts in the sun - which, yes, might help to lose weight - but it's not often enough to be a workout.

__________________________________________________


I was watching "I'm Pregnant And..." and it was dealing with a (normal sized) mother and a dwarf father, having a dwarf baby.

Julia said : "Is the baby a midget, too?"
Me : "Yep."
Julia : "Hmph. That'd be the only reason I wouldn't have a baby: if I were one."
Me : "............... o____O "
Julia : "Some kids'd grow up to hate their parents if they had 'em."

She was incredibly baffled to know that a normal sized woman had a dwarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment