Friday, May 28, 2010

Dr. Julia : On Food

Short explanation of the title : Julia is my mother in law. She is always giving me wacko advice, claiming that it's true. So I call her Dr. Julia.

Okay.

My two year old enjoys sipping my coffee every so often because I put quite a bit of sugar in it. I don't like this fact because no two year old needs caffeine + sugar. My Mother in law said "Just give her coffee now, that way she won't like it when she gets older."

She went on to explain how if she ate a specific food (like coffee) now, she won't like it as an adult. And the reverse works, too: if she doesn't eat a specific food (like grilled cheese sandwiches), this guarantees that she will like it later in life.

Dr. Julia also informed me that when my two year old wants coffee, this means her body is in need of something (such as a protein or vitamin) that resides in coffee. She then went on to say that her younger sister used to eat paint chips... "I wonder what kind of vitamin her body needed? What exactly are paint chips made of?"

Nice, Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment