Friday, May 28, 2010

Dr. Julia : Showing Me Up... Again

So I'm stuck at the house with the peach that is my mother-in-law, with the only vehicle. After she took a shower she said, "Are you coming to the store with us?" I responded, "No, hadn't planned on it." She said, "Oh well I was hoping you could take me to the store."

Why not just ask me to take her to the store in the first place? Who knows.

Yesterday, I baked my husband an apple pie for his birthday (today). I have never made a pie before and it came out perfect. I was so proud. What does my mother-in-law do? Buy him a birthday cake today. Why?! You saw the pie I made! I told you it was a birthday pie! Why go out and buy him a cake? Is that not good enough?

Worse - at the store I said, "Well Travis doesn't really like cakes." So she replied, "Oh, maybe I should buy him a pie then?"

Really?

Oh it's so much fun living with my mother-in-law. NOT! I can't wait to get out of here. She's driving me nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment